One of the biggest obstacles that smaller hospitals face when it comes to offering physical, speech and occupational therapy to their patients is overhead cost and administrative hours to manage this additional team. In truth, many hospitals opt to not provide this service, which has been shown to break the comprehensive patient journey and reduce overall patient satisfaction.
Physical, speech and occupational therapy are the services that bridge the gap between treatment and healing. As a medical provider, you want to walk with your patients from start to finish — treatment to healing — to make sure they are back on their feet. When this walk is interrupted due to budget and manpower limitations, the patient experience suffers.
This is why many hospitals are choosing therapy services companies to partner with in order to continue that patient care without taking on the overhead expenses of hiring more staff. So, how do you know which outsourced therapy company to choose? Look for these three factors when making your decision:
- Proven track record — Is this outsourced therapy company used to working with hospitals, and are they familiar with the nuances that come with hospital regulations?
- Partnership —Are they providing marketing efforts that align with your overall goals to help bring your hospital new patients, or are they only benefiting from the patients you provide to them?
- Profitability — Does their plan increase your bottom line, or is it ultimately going to hurt your revenue, despite improving your patient satisfaction rating?
At Alliance Physical Therapy Partners, we have more than 50 years of experience partnering with hospitals for outsourced therapy services. Some of the benefits of working with our outsourced therapy company include:
- Increased patient satisfaction rating
- Reduced administrative costs by outsourcing labor
- Aggressive marketing plan to drive in more patients
- Immediate access to a proven system of work in the therapy space
- Added resources for recruiting top talent therapists
- Turnkey solution to growing market share and improving performance
To learn more about how our outsourced therapy services can help you improve patient satisfaction ratings and overall profitability, contact us today.