You’re looking for assistance in building or developing your hospital’s physical therapy department, so you’ve decided to work with a consultant. However, to ensure the relationship is collaborative and productive from the beginning, you want a solid idea of what exactly a physical therapy consulting service will be looking for.
Any physical therapy consultant should represent an organization with solid industry experience in inpatient care. By identifying areas of opportunity and offering practical solutions, you and your new partners can work together to achieve both exceptional patient care and operational excellence.
A physical therapy department assessment should look at these areas
To establish a baseline understanding of your current program and to begin developing a strategy, physical therapy consulting services should explore your:
- Training and development programs — Training and continuing education are just as important as having the right people, and they can help you keep them.
- Charting and documentation practices — These should be fully audited to ensure that they are compliant with current regulations.
- Billing and revenue cycle practices — Reducing billing errors can be one of the easiest ways to increase revenue.
- Therapy management software — Outmoded systems can slow your whole department down and create duplicate work.
- Expansion plans — A consultant can identify new service offerings and treatments that can benefit your facility based on your patient profile.
- Staffing needs — Your therapists are the backbone of your program. By working together, you and your consultant can identify your staffing goals and optimal levels to develop an action plan.
At Alliance Physical Therapy Partners, our experienced team of consultants will take an in-depth look at these and other areas and help you develop a customized strategy.
Alliance has industry-leading physical therapy consulting services
We’ve established a track record for long-term, collaborative and successful relationships with hospitals of all sizes, budgets and locations. From urban to rural, we understand that all patients deserve the same level of care.
To learn more about our services, contact us today. We’ll be glad to help you schedule an evaluation with one of our friendly consultants to identify your unique needs.